The Grounds Division is responsible for maintaining the physical environs of all municipal buildings, schools, and athletic fields. This includes landscaping and mowing approximately 90 acres a week during spring, summer and fall, daily field preparation for recreational activities (numbering about 380 sporting events, and snow removal during the winter. They also prepare and maintain the ice-skating area.
In addition to normal maintenance activities, crews installed new score boards at Agogliati Field and did landscape installation at the new Town Hall (the old Central School).
Future projects will include:
- an irrigation system at the High School soccer field
- a warning track around the baseball field on Middlesex Avenue
- infield re-grading at Tomasso Field
- repairing the irrigation system at Nolan Field
- installing a minor league field at Valley View School
- installing a new outfield fence at Tomasso Field