To make sure that water remains available to town supplied residents, daily maintenance checks are required. Added responsibilities include meter reading, meter installation, flushing of pipes, repair of hydrants, repair of leaks, servicing chlorination and pumping equipment, installation of water services to new homes and businesses, cross connection inspections, and leak detection.
The Water Division continues its program to install remote type water meters for all customers. Leak detections and repair has successfully minimized unaccounted water within the system. In the last year, improvements were made to the Chlorinator Building, a water line extension was made on Quarry Lane, and a new utility truck was purchased.
A major accomplishment was finally concluded in the Portland/MDC Interconnection, which included new water storage tanks, new telemetry, and control equipment.
Future projects include:
- Water Quality Report and System Improvements
- Bartlett Street Pump Station renovation/replacement
- Installation of remote water meters for all customers
- Continued leak detection and repair.
- Reservoir dam spillway improvements
- Replacement of small diameter water mains on Coe Avenue Extension,
- Rogers Road, Barry Avenue and Perry Avenue